Our DPT program Mission and Philosophy, in combination with the Mission and Goals of Lincoln Memorial University and the following professional documents, have guided the construction, implementation, and ongoing assessment of our Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
- APTA Standards of Practice for Physical Therapy
- Standards and Required Elements for Accreditation of PT Education Programs
- Professionalism in Physical Therapy: Core Values
- APTA Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist
- APTA Guide for Professional Conduct
- APTA Minimum Required Skills of Physical Therapist Graduates at Entry Level
- APTA Vision Statement for the Physical Therapy Profession and Guiding Principles to Achieve the Vision
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)
- Domains of Learning
- Clinical Practice Guidelines of APTA Sections
- APTA Clinical Performance Instrument
- Blueprint for Teaching Cultural Competence in Physical Therapy Education
- APTA Outcomes Assessment in Physical Therapy Education
In order to achieve our Mission, the faculty and students engage in an active educational process with a variety of learning experiences and collaborate in scholarly and service activities within a curriculum that is designed so that upon completion of the DPT program, the following Goals will have been achieved.